2013 – 2014 THSADA Awards Committee
Lynn Pool – Chair – Austin ISD
Debbie Decker – 2nd year – Katy ISD
John Crawford – 1st year – Coppell ISD
Regional Athletic Administrator of the Year
Presented on an annual basis to THSADA members in recognition of their dedicated service, leadership, and special contributions to their local and regional levels of interscholastic athletic administration
- Current member in good standing of THSADA
- Athletic Administrator and THSADA member for at least five (5) years
- Demonstrated contributions to local, conference and/or regional interscholastic athletics
- Once a person becomes inactive in interscholastic athletics, the Awards Committee may still consider the name for the following year.
Deadline: December 1st – /Approved by Region Members, submitted at December Board meeting. Nominations will be held current for three years
Kelly Reeves State Award of Merit
Presented to an Athletic Director who is presently a member in good standing of both the THSADA and NIAAA; must have demonstrated long-term contributions, leadership and meritorious service to their profession of interscholastic athletics at the State and/or National level
- Current member THSADA and NIAAA
- Ten (10) years of athletic administrative service in Texas
- Time, effort, commitment to athletic administration and to the THSADA and/or NIAAA
- Demonstrated leadership in athletic administration.
Deadline: July 21st; /Approved at July Board Mtg. Nominations will be held current for three years
NIAAA Distinguished Service Award
Presented annually to an individual in the field of interscholastic athletic administration who has, over the years, demonstrated a service to the high school athletes of the state and/or THSADA.
- Open nomination to any person who has given their time, effort and commitment to Texas High School athletics and the student participants.
Deadline: December 1/Approved at December Board Mtg. Nominations will be held current for three years
Presented to athletic administrators who have made significant contributions to the NFHS and/or other national organizations which have impacted high school activities.
Among the factors which are considered:
- Individual has a long-standing and distinguished record of involvement with high school activities programs at the local and state levels.
- Individual is recognized as among the best in their profession by their colleagues.
Deadline: December 1st /Approved at December Board Mtg. Nominations will be held current for three years
Frank Kovaleski Professional Development Award
Guidelines for the Awards Committee:
- The nominee selected should be a member in good standing of the NIAAA and have earned at least the CAA designation.
- Each section (section 6) shall be allowed one nominee per year.
- A nominee’s contributions to professional development should be detailed on the next page of this form.
- This nomination form must be type written and in the hands of your section Board representative at least one week prior to your spring section meeting (April)
Deadline: December 1st. /Approved at December Board Mtg. Nominations will be held current for three years.
THSADA Special Service Award
This award is not one that would be presented each year. It would be available to honor an individual/ or organizations that have given in many different ways to High School sports or to THSADA. This award is presented for outstanding Commitment, Dedication, Leadership, Service and Enthusiasm to Texas’ athletes, coaches, and athletic administrators.
- Open nomination to any person who has made contributions that have made the job of athletic director that much easier and is greatly appreciated.
Deadline: December 1; /Approved at December Board Mtg. Nominations will be held current for three years