Article IV– Membership
Section 1 – Active Membership
Active membership shall be limited to those having primarily athletic administrative responsibilities within the State of Texas, such as:
- AD/Head Football Coach
- Campus Athletic Coordinator
- Assistant Campus Athletic Coordinator
The Active Members only shall elect the Officers of the Board.
Section 2 – Associate Membership
Any 7-12 coach in the State of Texas or, an out of state athletic director, or someone involved in working with a state coaching/athletic association as an employee or a college/university level athletic administrator may become an Associate Member. College students may also become Associate Members. Associate membership shall not have voting privileges in association business with the exception they can vote for directors from their respective regions.
Section 3 – Retired Membership
Active or associate members who become disabled, retire, or inactive for other causes may become retired members. Retired members shall not have voting privileges in association business and must have served in an athletic administrative capacity for a minimum of ten years. There will be no membership fee for retired membership. Retired AD membership is subject to review by the THSADA Board of Directors.
Section 4 – Honorary Membership
The Board of Directors may vote honorary membership as they see fit. There will be no fee or voting privileges assigned this membership.
Section 5 – Dues
Annual dues shall be $40 for both active and associate membership. Dues may be submitted at anytime to the Membership Chairperson. There will be an $85 registration fee to the State conference. The $85.00 fee will cover activities, banquets and socials. There will be no reimbursement for optional activities at the State Conference.
Benefits of THSADA Membership
- THSADA State Conference in March
- Networking, professional development opportunities, informative sessions speakers, visit with vendors
- PBK Sports -THSADA Hall of Honor Banquet at Coaching School
- PBK Sports -THSADA Athletic Director of the Year, national recognitions, out-going Regional Directors, retired athletic administrators
- Regional Athletic Directors of the Year
- THSCA Coaching School
- Vote for Officers and any THSADA legislation at the General Session
- Access to special programs and speakers at the THSADA General Session
- Professional Development geared for athletic administration
- Legal Care- personal or professional advice over the phone
- Legislative representation as issues arise that affects physical education, health, athletic programs and budgets
- Website- with current topics, information for AD’s, THSADA procedures/policy
- Obtain CPE’s attending THSADA State Conference professional development sessions
- THSADA Professional Development/LTI courses to enhance job performance
- THSADA annual newsletter
- THSADA weekly update eNews
- Opportunity to serve on various THSADA committees
- Candidates for THSADA Regional Athletic Administrators of the year awards/recognition programs